Rocker button door opener illuminated Duroplast
- 10 A, AC 250 V - Duroplast central insert and compensator. - door opener symbol - Ø 7,0 cm In the past, illuminated light switches had been designed with a built-in glow lamp. For the first time, we have produced a light switch with illuminated components containing - of course - no radioactive materials. The pigments integrated into these components charge up by absorbing light energy, and then glow in the dark. This is a purely physical process, which guarantees long-term operation without any signs of wear.
Series 2: Bakelite and Duroplast.
In the first half of the 20th century, the name Bakelite was virtually synonymous with plastics. With the emergence of later thermoplastics, “Bakelite” has come to be used to describe the old heavy thermosets (melamine, phenolic resins) as distinct from other types that are somewhat disparagingly referred to merely as “plastic”. Contrary to what one might expect from the common usage of the term, “Bakelite” is not a generic name. Instead, it is a trademark, and in the case of Germany it is registered to Bakelite AG, which is based in Iserlohn (and, since being sold by parent company Rütgerwerke to Borden Chemical in 2005, has changed hands between various American chemical companies and is now owned by Momentive Specialty Chemicals). This situation has created some confusion in terminology. Bakelite is a thermosetting polymer (a thermoset, for short), but not every thermoset is Bakelite. Hence the distinction on our part: The black and white switch series are both made of thermosetting polymers, but only the black one is Bakelite in the trademarked sense, while the white one is moulded from a related resin. For more about Bakelite, its place in the history of materials and cultural history, and its career as a cult favourite material, please see www.thpg.de/en/material.
Covers & Combinations
Covers and combination options.
All switches and sockets are supplied without external cover!
The switches and sockets can be combined with the various covers of the series and thus used in a wide variety of configurations. For the inserts of the white switch series made of thermoset round and angular single covers, round system covers and angular double, triple and quadruple covers are available. You can combine all switches and sockets of the Duroplast switch series with these covers. The system and multiple covers can be used with existing installations without any problems, as they have been developed according to the standard distances. The thermoset switch range fits into all standard flush-mounted boxes.
The thermoset switch range is also compatible with the Bakelite® switch range and the covers of the glass switch range. Since the porcelain switch series is built up differently in height, this is not compatible.
The advantages of our switch systems at a glance
- solid, heavy quality with lavish use of materials
- sophisticated, proven materials (Bakelite®, porcelain, thermoset)
- ceramic switch systems of highest reliability
- a discreet design that is hard to resist
- full conformity with DIN and VDE regulations
Single covering duroplast€8.00Incl. 19% VAT
External covering duroplast€10.50Incl. 19% VAT
System covering waist duroplast€10.50Incl. 19% VAT
Square single covering duroplast€8.00Incl. 19% VAT
Double covering duroplast€15.20Incl. 19% VAT
Triple covering duroplast€21.00Incl. 19% VAT
Quadruple covering duroplast€27.00Incl. 19% VAT
Single covering white glass€18.00Incl. 19% VAT
External system covering white glass€24.00Incl. 19% VAT
System covering waist white glass€24.00Incl. 19% VAT